Wednesday, August 6, 2008

STREAMBED

A field of green appears in moment’s expanse.
An animal or two saunters, crosses right past.
It is unknown if a person is present.
There are rolling soft hills and a house in the distance.

Smoke wispy rises from a brown brick chimney.
Thoughts of a woman come into mind.
Descent into love is not often easy.
Cottage windows sparkle clean,
shine bright and clear.

Mooing of cows in early morn
wafts through cool air
like silken music.
The few trees scattered
across hillside's cover
offer solace and shade
for my heart’s tenderness.

Alone in nature, I’m calm
and at peace,
like a stream of blue water,
my life flows easy.
Ongoing stillness
moves me to tears.

With two feet on God’s earth
and gold sun on my face,
a lone river of truth does reappear,
grounded in deep Silence
in one’s soul is seared,
all in time’s shell
surely disappears.

No comments: