Friday, August 10, 2018


        Dream of Two Women

What an idiot to marry a second time
And then be told within the hour
That I don’t love her but am just here

For security! She knew and I knew she knew
Even before I knew what she said was true.

We were living outside separately and I don’t mean
Outdoors. Two countries that share

A well bordered longing whose citizens
Cannot migrate into foreign land. No undone
Demarcations here. Uniformed guards know
Their jobs.

A spade is a spade is a spade. We were digging
Stone again, a horizontal wall inches underground.
Flinted sparks, clang of iron, bleeding knuckles
Soon.

Earlier, that sudden kiss
Out of the blue with a woman I’d only just met.
Delicious, tender, a brief wet meeting in time.

Tasting each other’s soil, borders inside that moment
Easing, melting. One language spoken: lips, tongue, face

                          Eyes

The present depth our unwalled security, we become
A single gate. Who is she? In this breeze hair wisping
My hungry cheeks….

What country warms her untamed mouth?

No comments: